Saturday, February 26, 2011

...And the jacket

The sun-dress has a matching jacket, which I actually finished on wednesday night, but didn't get pictures of until right now.

I coordinate, fancy

I'm quite pleased with how it turned out, and the pattern was so simple (a few hours from start to finish, not bad at all) that I may have to make a few more in other colours. Cool summer nights, you shall not thwart my dress wearing! Ha ha.

bonus picture of the back
This dress and jacket where my first experiment with using french seams. Why did this take me so long?! So neat, so pretty, so much less work than encasing everything in bias tape. Thanks to Gertie for her great french seam tutorial, or I would still be doing straight seams the sucker way.

back jacket seam and darts

No comments:

Post a Comment