Saturday, January 26, 2013

apron

Look, look: I made an apron today!

in retrospect, the fabric looks a little john-deer-ish

Now I can protect my pretty clothes when I'm cooking splattery things, woo! It is entirely reversible except for the pockets, but they are mostly for show anyway, so that's not a deal breaker for the other side.



And the entire thing is stash-busted! I was this > < far from ordering cute fabric to apron-iffy last night, but then I gave myself a good talking to, and dug into the fabric heap instead (be proud of me, haha). The green polka-dots is left over from a dress, the pockets and both sides of the neck straps are left over from my sister-in-law's Christmas apron, and the floral gingham was originally going to be a corset, but really, when would I wear a gingham corset covered in sunflowers? (even I'm not quite that tacky, lol). 


The pattern has thin bias tape ties attached to the neck straps, and I actually did add them, but then it worked better (and with less hassle) to just stitch the straps together at the ends. I used four different colours of bias tape, just using up what I had lying around, so it's not the most sleek apron around, but I'm just going to say that it adds charm :). I'll have to make a bunch more bias tape soon now, and it will likely take half as long with the rotary cutter than it did a ruler and scissors, so I'm not even dreading the process.

No comments:

Post a Comment